Blog 2 Marco Samayoa

 When I think about change makers, I think about people who had the courage to challenge the world around them and make it better. These are individuals who influenced society through their actions, ideas, discoveries, or talents. Throughout history, there have been many people who changed the course of events and inspired future generations. Some of the change makers who stand out to me are Harriet Tubman, John Locke, Benjamin Franklin, Charles Darwin, Nellie Bly, and Michael Jackson. Even though they lived in different times and worked in different fields, they all made a lasting impact on the world.

One of the most inspiring change makers to me is Harriet Tubman. What amazes me about her is the incredible courage she showed throughout her life. Harriet Tubman was born into slavery, but she refused to accept that life for herself or for others. After escaping slavery, she returned many times to help other enslaved people gain their freedom through the Underground Railroad. Every trip she made was dangerous, and she risked her life to help others. I admire her because she put other people's freedom before her own safety. Her determination and bravery helped change many lives and made her one of the most important figures in American history.

Another person I learned about is John Locke. At first, I did not realize how much influence one philosopher could have on the world, but after learning about him, I understood why he is considered a change maker. Locke believed that all people have natural rights, including life, liberty, and property. He argued that governments should protect these rights and that people should have a voice in how they are governed. What stands out to me is that many of the freedoms we enjoy today are connected to the ideas he introduced hundreds of years ago. His beliefs helped shape democratic governments and inspired important historical documents. I think his ideas prove that words and knowledge can be just as powerful as actions.

Benjamin Franklin is another change maker who impresses me because of how many different things he accomplished during his lifetime. He was an inventor, scientist, writer, and one of the Founding Fathers of the United States. What I find most interesting is that Franklin never stopped learning. He was always curious about how things worked and constantly looked for ways to improve society. His experiments with electricity helped advance science, and his inventions made everyday life easier. Beyond science, he also played a major role in helping establish the United States. When I think about Benjamin Franklin, I think about the importance of curiosity, education, and lifelong learning.

Charles Darwin is another person who changed the world in a completely different way. His theory of evolution by natural selection transformed the scientific understanding of life on Earth. Before Darwin, many people had different ideas about how species developed over time. Through years of research and observation, Darwin collected evidence that supported his theory. Even though his ideas were controversial when they were first introduced, they became one of the foundations of modern biology. What I admire most about Darwin is his commitment to finding evidence and seeking the truth. His work reminds me that scientific discoveries often require patience, dedication, and the willingness to challenge existing beliefs.

One change maker that I found especially interesting is Nellie Bly. She was a journalist who broke barriers for women and used her work to expose problems in society. One of her most famous investigations involved pretending to be mentally ill so she could report on the poor treatment of patients inside a mental institution. Her reporting led to important reforms and improvements. I think what makes Nellie Bly so inspiring is that she was willing to take risks to uncover the truth and help others. She also proved that women could succeed in fields that were often dominated by men. Her determination and courage opened doors for future generations of journalists.

Michael Jackson is another change maker who had an enormous impact on the world. Known as the "King of Pop," he transformed the music industry through his creativity, talent, and performances. His songs and music videos reached people all over the world and influenced countless artists. What I appreciate most about Michael Jackson is his ability to bring people together through music. His work crossed cultural and language barriers, allowing millions of people to connect through shared experiences. In addition to his music, he supported charitable causes and used his fame to bring attention to important issues. His influence can still be seen in music and entertainment today.

As I learned about these different change makers, I noticed that they all had something important in common. They were not afraid to stand out, take risks, and pursue their goals. Harriet Tubman fought for freedom. John Locke promoted individual rights. Benjamin Franklin encouraged innovation and education. Charles Darwin advanced scientific knowledge. Nellie Bly exposed injustice through journalism. Michael Jackson changed music and entertainment. Even though their achievements were different, each of them left a lasting mark on society.

Another thing I learned is that making a difference is not always easy. Many of these individuals faced criticism, challenges, and obstacles. Some people disagreed with their ideas, while others tried to stop them from succeeding. However, they continued moving forward because they believed in what they were doing. Their stories show me that perseverance is often necessary for creating meaningful change.

Overall, studying these change makers has helped me understand how one person can have a huge impact on the world. Whether through activism, science, politics, journalism, or music, these individuals found ways to improve society and inspire others. Their achievements remind me that positive change can come from many different places and that anyone has the potential to make a difference.

In conclusion, Harriet Tubman, John Locke, Benjamin Franklin, Charles Darwin, Nellie Bly, and Michael Jackson are all examples of people who changed the world in their own unique ways. Learning about their lives has shown me the importance of courage, determination, creativity, and leadership. Their stories continue to inspire people today, and they remind me that even one person can create lasting change that affects generations to come.


Change Makers Build More Inclusive Environment at ...


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Aliya Jones blog 2

Blog 1 post Aliya Jones